Friday, March 16, 2007

First, An Introduction

This is one of those things that I'd never thought I'd do...post on my own (or anyone else's, really) blog. It's not that I'm not techno-saavy or afraid of the cyber world--I work as a graphic designer/writer/producer/techie all day long. But to actually sit down and write about my own musings, the questions I have, the things that I love (or not)--well, that's a whole different world. It's bound to make one feel a little exposed. Me especially. But it may end up satisfying my need to talk (which will absolutely thrill my husband) as well as my need to share what I've learned about life, and love, and God over the last...uh, let's just say, few decades...

But I have to say this is so much easier than old-fashioned journalling. I've tried for years--and I mean, years--to keep a journal (all self-respecting writers journal, don't they?), but I never can do it. Actually, I hate it. My hand gets cramped up trying to keep up with my brain and stream of consciousness, and it just never works. But this may...hmm.

So, for today, I'll just say a couple of things about myself so we all have a clearer picture of who I am: (for your benefit, not necessarily mine...I already know all this stuff.)

Obviously, I'm a woman, which completely colors my world, as it should. I'm probably a very typical woman, except that I can't do crafts to save my life (1st graders have better luck with that stuff than me), and I am not constantly on a diet. Not that I shouldn't be, mind you, but I have simply chosen to ignore the inevitable for the sake of enjoying that bowl of ice cream with my husband (who probably shouldn't have it either, but there really are so few things to truly enjoy in life, right?). I struggle with same things that most women do, I suppose--getting older, finding my place in the world, keeping track of relationships, and wanting to be loved for whom I am. I juggle a full-time job/ministry, a husband, children--though now we're down to only two still at home (one's in the military, and one's out on his own), a house always in need of cleaning, a new dog, a small group Bible Study, and relationships I never seem to have enough time to enjoy. (I really hate that...) But I don't struggle with why I'm here--to bring glory to God and serve Him through the local church.

Speaking of things to love or hate, here's a short, certainly-not-exhaustive list of things I love: old movies, coffee, Saturday mornings on the porch swing, talk radio (Rush & Hannity, especially) roller coasters, cuddling with my husband on the couch, rain (this is beginning to sound like an ad for a date--hmmph!), perusing used book stores (especially really old ones--for hours), America, underdogs, old hymns, naps, country music (the new stuff--not the old stuff), and really great shoes.

Things I hate: cilantro(!), driving in snow, not having enough time to do all the things I want to do, making mistakes, disappointing my family/friends, sushi, injustice, a lack of compassion, moodiness, half-truths (or no truths) and being late (I especially hate it in me!).

But I really love God and His Word, and want more than anything in my life to be called Good and Faithful on that day.

I told you I like to talk--now you know! And hopefully you know me a bit better...

1 comment:

Lynette said...

Welcome to the world of blogging. It'll be nice to check in on you from time-to-time!